Carpet Care & Maintenance
To keep your carpet looking great and feeling soft, you will need to spend some time regularly cleaning and maintaining it. Our experts at Gregory’s Carpet & Flooring have compiled some pretty simple steps that won’t take up that much of your time. The payoff off having a beautiful carpet for many years to come will be well worth it!
- Avoid tracking dirt, dust, and mud onto the carpet. This can go a long way in keeping the carpet fresh and clean. Steps such as removing shoes before entering, using door mats, and avoiding eating messy foods that are known to stain are some good first steps.
- For most carpets, regular vacuuming with a manufacturer’s approved appliance is really all it will take to keep the carpet clean. Click here for some helpful vacuuming tips.
- Having your carpet professionally cleaned or shampooing your carpets yourself will go a long way in maintaining their softness. Please keep in mind that before you hire a professional cleaning company or shampoo your carpet yourself, you'll need to be sure to check with the manufacturer’s cleaning guidelines. Always be sure to carefully adhere to their recommendations.
- Inevitably, no matter how careful you are, your carpet will eventually get spilled on, soiled, stained or dirtied. That’s life. Luckily, many of our carpets have stain-resistant technology, which makes cleaning common household messes a breeze.
- While cleaning up the mess right away is a good idea, we do suggest that you take a moment to establish whether it’s an oil- or water-based stain. Then, consult with your manufacturer's guidelines. Different types of stains require different types of cleaning approaches.